Target Audience is key when building a website because if your not aiming that website at anybody it will almost doubtingly fail, users that will use the page will have thoughts on how they could improve the usability of the page etc.
Dealing with a client is totally different as we will find on the client project where you as a web designer has to be continually in communication with the client because if there isn’t a website built in a specific way then you wont get paid.
For My Client for the Web i will be creating a one off exhibition that will be about the four elements.
So what i thought is i would do a one page website about how these elements are made and abused in a environmental cause.
Firstly i thought it would be a good idea to maybe aim this website at kids because when i was at school it was a big deal in science about fossil fuels etc and how we can increase our carbon footprint, so i thought i would be a good idea to set up this elements website that supports that and gives them a bit of knowledge going into there exams and later on in life. I’ve already done some designs but i wont talk about them till after this discovery phase.
Bright colours will definitely attract secondary school kids but the main aim of this website is to make the users get the best user experience they can possibly get. So by doing that i will be creating a one page website by using parallax and applying more JQuery and flash to make it more interactive for the user.
After i have defined the what who my audience are and the plans i have thought through in my sketch book, i need to consider some other factors before i start building my website and these are :
- Budget – Theirs no budget for this project because im designing for myself to be viewed by the user and not designing it for a company. Then again if they was a budget i would have to work to my best ability to stay within them constraints because as a designer you don’t want to be asking them for more money cause you spent it all in a day. ( Key Skill )
- Timeframe – This is also big when designing anything for a user like a website or a magazine etc. A Timeframe is hard to stick to but with a well planned out diary and then note your code you should have it done on time, also if failing a specific date that the website supposed to be live then this could result in losses of users and income.
- Target Audience – As i have said in Previous posts i am designing for older adults who are looking to book their party online and with research i class them as 40 – 60 year old.
- Feel of Product – As a designer you have to feel what you are selling because with negative thoughts and negative mindset this could result in missed code and then prone to cyber attacks. So a reason with getting through this is when picking a job make sure the company really sell the business to you when on the interview and like always don’t just concentrate on designing this website, relax from time to time.
- Code – I Will be writing it in HTML 5 and CSS3
- Framework – Well im looking at different frameworks online, and when coding thinking towards more of a responsive website and i can also check this on my iPad.
- This Website wont have a Content Management System (CMS) because i will not need to implement that into it, the user can either send an email to the admin or ring them up on the telephone. A admin will secure this website and constantly checking the server just to make sure they don’t attract hackers and viruses.